The Allied Advantage
Allied Experts is the first choice for quality and affordable comfort in Cherry Hill and across New Jersey. Our experienced technicians find satisfaction in bringing a smile to each customer’s face while making their home a better environment.
24 Hour Emergency Support
Certified & Courteous Technicians
Upfront Pricing and Financing
Background Checked Employees
Free Gas Leak Checks with Every Service Call
Full Clean Up at the End of Every Job
Respect for Your Family and Home
Frequently Asked Questions
What does an HVAC company do?
An HVAC company provides heating, ventilation, and air conditioning services, from installation, inspection, maintenance, servicing and repairs to temperature and indoor air quality control.
If you live in the South Jersey area, we are your go-to company for 24-hour HVAC repair and all other HVAC-related services, as well as your reliable source of information in that domain.
Our team consists of reputable HVAC contractors who have been in the business for a long time and have experience with a wide range of heating and cooling equipment. We have handled various complicated HVAC system malfunctions successfully and provide honest recommendations to our clients in Cherry Hill and across the area.
How do I get a new HVAC system in Cherry Hill?
When buying a new HVAC system, take your time, do your research, and gather the necessary information, all the while relying on guidance and input from industry professionals.
Purchasing a new HVAC system is not exactly a once-in-a-lifetime event, but it is a major investment which merits long and careful planning and deliberation.
The price range is certainly an important factor at play, but it must not be the decisive one. We recommend paying attention to the following criteria when deciding between various types and brands of HVAC systems:
- SEER Rating: The higher the rating, the higher the energy efficiency of your HVAC system. This allows you to contribute to environmental protection while saving on energy bills considerably and in the long run.
- System size: It is of paramount importance that the system is optimized to the size, layout, and other properties of your indoor space. Opting for an undersized or oversized HVAC system is an expensive mistake to make: in addition to the higher-than-reasonable energy consumption and poor system performance, there is the likelihood of excessive wear-and-tear and premature system deterioration.
- Programmable thermostat: Pairing your new HVAC system with an automated thermostat system enables you to tweak your indoor temperature on the go to ensure you are making the most of what it has to offer whenever you need it. The innovative technology helps increase the lifespan of your new HVAC system by enabling you to use it more efficiently and more effectively.
- Simultaneous replacement of the heating and cooling system: Even if your furnace may not need to be replaced right now, you may save money by having both the AC and the furnace replaced at the same time. Another reason to do this is so as to ensure that your modern thermostat can be paired with both the AC and the furnace.
What is the best heating and cooling system for a home?
Should you opt for a furnace or a heat pump as the heating system for your home?
And how about a boiler? What is the most efficient AC system for your home?
We would have to conduct an energy audit in order to determine the optimal heating and cooling system for your home. This is a dependable and cost-effective method to maximize the energy efficiency of homes across South Jersey and ensure that their high-performance heating and cooling systems can operate at their full capacity every season of the year.
Other factors which can boost the efficiency of your HVAC system include:
- Quality of your home’s insulation, sealing, airtightness and ductwork.
- Control systems such as programmable and smart thermostats.
Can I replace my HVAC system myself?
As tempted as you may feel to try your hand at DIY HVAC system replacement, we would strongly advise you against it.
Aside from the high risk of electrical hazards and damage to the system itself, there are potential health and safety concerns. Even if you had the technical know-how and the necessary technology to replace your HVAC system by yourself, the process involves delicate work.
What is the life expectancy of an HVAC system?
The life expectancy of your HVAC system depends on how responsible you are about its service and maintenance.
However sophisticated the latest in HVAC technology may be, it is not immune to neglect. Preventative maintenance, on the other hand, can extend the lifespan of your HVAC system by as much as a whole decade.
On average, an HVAC system can be reasonably expected to last between 15 and 25 years with regular tune-ups and maintenance, although its performance may start to deteriorate as it starts to approach the 15-year mark. This is the main reason why homeowners sometimes decide to upgrade their home’s HVAC system with an advanced new model that’s low-maintenance and more efficient.
What is HVAC maintenance?
As part of your HVAC system’s preventative maintenance procedure, we will:
- Inspect oil/air filters and check for leaks
- Conduct a visual inspection of the system
- Clean and remove debris from the blowers, moving parts, condensing units and other system components
- Check bearings and motor
- Check for noise and vibrations
- Inspect the compressor
- Service the heat strips
- Inspect the wiring & electrical connections
- Inspect fan motors & compressors
- Inspect exhaust outlets
- Inspect and test safety controls
- Inspect and calibrate the thermostat
What is included in an HVAC tune-up?
The purpose of an HVAC tune-up is to analyze the performance, efficiency, and safety of the system.
It is normally performed according to the following checklist:
- Air filter cleaning/replacement
- Checking and straightening of the fins
- Lubricating all the moving parts
- Inspecting, cleaning and adjusting blower motor and belts
- Inspecting the compressor
- Inspecting & cleaning the evaporator coil
- Inspecting & cleaning the condensate drain
- Inspecting & cleaning the condenser coil
- Measuring or recharging the refrigerant
- Inspecting the outdoor disconnect
- Tightening electrical connections, wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Testing and setting the thermostat
- Checking controls
- Protective coating application
Heating and air conditioning repair may also be included in HVAC tune-ups. At Allied Experts, we provide cost-effective local HVAC repair service available any time of day or night. If you need a weekend repair of your HVAC in Cherry Hill or elsewhere in the area, do not hesitate to make the call.
Are HVAC tune-ups worth it?
If you want to optimize the performance of your HVAC system and maximize its life span, you have to take certain steps.
A neglected HVAC cannot run nearly as effectively, as efficiently or as long as an HVAC system that undergoes regular routine HVAC tune-up performed by a professional HVAC contractor.
Homeowners with newly installed heating and cooling systems often fall prey to a common pitfall and decide to skip the recommended tune-ups and maintenance. This may not only jeopardize the system’s performance but also reduce its life span drastically.
The fact that you have just purchased a brand new, energy-efficient HVAC system is all the more reason to invest in its service and maintenance. This will not only help ensure the system’s top performance from day one, but also secure your indoor comfort, energy savings, protection against malfunctions and peace of mind for years and years to come.
What’s more, regular servicing and maintenance means that you will save not only on your energy bills and repair costs, but also on the costs of maintenance and tune-ups.
How often should HVAC be serviced?
The safest method to secure year-round comfort while ensuring that your air conditioning and heating bill will not go through the roof is to have your HVAC system serviced on a regular basis.
Experts recommend having the HVAC system inspected, serviced and cleaned at least once a year, although the optimal HVAC service frequency may vary depending on the age and configuration of your HVAC system.
We may recommend having your HVAC service in Cherry Hill or the area done on a seasonal basis as this will help us detect and address issues so as to prevent them from escalating and sparing you the costs and headaches that come with major HVAC repairs.
How long does an HVAC tune-up take?
The duration of your HVAC tune-up depends mainly on the configuration of your HVAC system.
On average, the tune-up should last up to an hour, although it may take longer if we need to recharge the refrigerant or detect any other issues.
How do I find an HVAC contractor in Cherry Hill, NJ?
As one of the longest-standing professional heating and air conditioning companies in South Jersey, we are a top choice of homeowners in Cherry Hill 08002, 08003, 08034, and the neighboring communities.
Whether it’s a 24/7 expert air conditioning repair, efficient mini-split installation, heating installation and repair, or reliable furnace installation for your condo in Cherry Hill, we are at your service. And our expertise does not end there: we also bring you fail-safe solutions for plumbing emergencies anywhere in Cherry Hill and detailed sewer line inspections in the area.
Contact us to make the most of innovative HVAC technology, comprehensive energy audits, experienced workmanship from industry experts, 24-hour HVAC repair service, and outstanding customer support.
We are available for as many as 75 HVAC system installations on a monthly basis and have a utility contract with South Jersey Gas. As reputable licensed HVAC contractors and part of the community of Cherry Hill that we are, we will do what we do best and give you an honest opinion and recommendations based on your needs.